St Maarten has no shortage of upscale shops jostling for the tourist dollar (or euro, or yen). But a more authentic experience awaits you on Wednesday and Friday mornings when the market sets up in Marigot, the French "capital". Fishermen bring their haul here in the early hours, and are later joined by fruit and vegetable sellers as well as spice vendors, filling the air with heady tropical scents.
If you’re after less perishable keepsakes, local artisans sell jewelry and small decorative items, and you can stock up on hats, t-shirts and anything else you forgot to pack. Color schemes tend towards the carnivalesque, but when in Rome…
After a morning’s shopping, retire to one of Marigot’s charming French cafes to review your spoils.
Marigot Market Tours
What are Marigot Market hours of operation?
Should I book Marigot Market tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Marigot Market 2021?
What's the best way to experience Marigot Market?
- 3-Hour Guided ATV Tour Island Highlights Plus 1-Hour Relax by the Beach
- 3-Hour Guided Jeep Tour Island Highlights and 1-Hour Relax by Beach
- The Original Eco Tour Full-Day Around the Island of Sint Maarten
- Electric Adventures Buggy Rental
Things to do near St Maarten
- Things to do in Philipsburg
- Things to do in Grand Case
- Things to do in Antigua and Barbuda
- Things to do in US Virgin Islands
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in St John's
- Things to do in Cruz Bay
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Andes