White Sand Dunes
The White Sand Dunes are most commonly visited as part of a half-day tour that arrives in time for either sunrise or sunset. Tours provide a convenient way to travel between different Mui Ne attractions, including the Red Sand Dunes; Lotus Lake (Bau Trang), a favorite of bird-watchers; and the Fairy Stream, a small river that flows between walls of brilliant red clay.
Recent reviews from experiences in Southern Vietnam
Things to Know Before You Go
Quad bikes are available at the White Sand Dunes, so bring cash if you want to enjoy an exhilarating ride.
The dunes are a must-visit for nature lovers and photographers.
If you’re taking a sunrise tour, bring sunscreen and a hat; the sun gets hot at a rapid rate, even in the early morning.
The best of Mui Ne can be covered in just one day; there’s no need to spend much longer here if you have limited on a time.
How to Get There
Public transport to the White Sand Dunes is limited, particularly if you’re trying to catch the desert landscapes at sunrise. You can hire a scooter or car, or skip the hassle of navigation on a guided tour, which provides a convenient and cost-effective way to travel around Mui Ne in limited time.
When to Get There
During the day, when the sun has risen to its peak, the dunes are unbearably hot, so the best time to visit is in the early morning or just before sunset, when temperatures are cooler and the light is nice for photographs.
Bird Watching at Lotus Lake (Bau Trang)
Deserts are not usually associated with a plethora of fauna and flora. However, Lotus Lake (Bau Trang), located on the outskirts of the White Sand Dunes, is home to a multitude of creatures. If you’re a keen bird-watcher, look out for birds of prey such as hawks and falcons, which often dive between the lily pads in search of fish.
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Sabah
- Mui Ne
- Ta Cu Mountain
- Ta Cu Mountain
- Suoi Tien Theme Park
- Vam Sat
- Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Ho Chi Minh City Cruise Ports
- Bitexco Financial Tower
- Saigon Skydeck
- Dong Khoi Street (Duong Dong Khoi)
- Saigon Opera House (Opéra de Saïgon)
- Vietnam Cookery Center
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Saigon Central Post Office
- Paris Square (Cong Truong Cong Xa Paris)