Mui Ne’s top attraction is its sand dunes. The most popular way to visit the white sand dunes is as part of a sunrise or sunset tour by Jeep, which lets you explore in cooler temperatures and guarantees some great photographs—sunrise tours generally result in a less-crowded experience. Before or after a stop at the white sand dunes, you’ll likely visit the Fairy Stream, surrounded by vivid red rock, and Mui Ne FIshing Village, which retains ancient fishing traditions.
Recent reviews from experiences in Southern Vietnam
Things to Know Before You Go
The beach resort section of Mui Ne runs along Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street; resorts are on the beach side of the street, with shops and restaurants on the other.
At the red dunes, you can rent a sandboard for a small fee and slide down the slopes.
Accommodation options in Mui Ne range from backpacker hostels to boutique resorts that offer a luxury experience.
Thanks to its coastal location and fishing heritage, seafood in Mui Ne is some of the best in Vietnam, so be sure to sample a fish dish at a local restaurant.
How to Get There
Mũi Né is a 4-hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City. Most visitors travel from the city via private buses, which depart several times a day. A train also runs from the city to Phan Thiet, from where you can get a taxi to the resorts of Mui Ne.
When to Get There
The best time to visit Mui Ne is between November and March, when skies are sunny and strong winds result in optimum conditions for kitesurfing and surfing. Peak season also comes with peak crowds, so it's a good idea to book accommodation well in advance.
Beaches of Mui Ne
Once you’ve seen Mui Ne’s natural wonders, it's time for some relaxation. Repose on the quiet Tien Thanh Beach, which had been difficult to access until recently, and Hon Rom, encircled by forested hills and home to multi-colored sand.
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Sabah
- White Sand Dunes
- Ta Cu Mountain
- Ta Cu Mountain
- Suoi Tien Theme Park
- Vam Sat
- Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Ho Chi Minh City Cruise Ports
- Bitexco Financial Tower
- Saigon Skydeck
- Dong Khoi Street (Duong Dong Khoi)
- Saigon Opera House (Opéra de Saïgon)
- Vietnam Cookery Center
- Saigon Central Post Office
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Paris Square (Cong Truong Cong Xa Paris)