Museum Prinsenhof Delft
Housed in a historic 15th century former monastery, this museum holds an impressive collection of Dutch Golden Age paintings. The Prisenhof Delfthas a fascinating history; after its use as a convent it served as the residence for William of Orange, who was murdered (bullet holes still visible) in the house by a fanatic in 1584. Operating today strictly as an art museum, its collection consists mostly of 17th century paintings and Delftware ceramics. There’s also rich period furniture, tapestries, portraits, pottery, and fine gold and silver items that give a sense of Dutch aristocracy.
Themes from the time period, including the life of Prince William of Orange and the House of Orange-Dassau, the city of Delft, and the Dutch Uprising, are all well represented in the art. The interior also gives visitors the chance to experience Dutch life much as it was in the 16th century. Interactive multimedia and video presentations do a great job of bringing the history to life.
Museum Prinsenhof Delft Tours and Activities
What are Museum Prinsenhof Delft hours of operation?
Should I book Museum Prinsenhof Delft tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Museum Prinsenhof Delft 2021?
What's the best way to experience Museum Prinsenhof Delft?
- Go cycling through Delft! Culturally relaxed with a professional guide!
- Guided Horse Tram or Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour through Historic Delft
- Join us on a Cultural Discovery Tour of Historic Delft
- History of Holland: Delft, The Hague & Madurodam Tour
Things to do near South Holland
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Rhine River
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South East England