Cogges was once a small village in the Cotswalds area of England but is now considered part of the town of Witney along the River Windrush. It consists of a group of stone cottages and farm buildings surrounding Cogges Manor Farm in a peaceful setting that makes you forget how close you are to a bustling town. Today the 15 acre farm is a museum where visitors can explore the house and grounds. There is a walled garden, a picnic orchard, a moated island, and walking trails along the river. Activities that entertain children include feeding the farm animals, exploring the adventure playground, and dressing up in vintage clothing.
Cogges is also one of the filming locations on the popular television show Downton Abbey. The Cogges Manor Farm becomes the Yew Tree Farm and home of Mr Drewe, the tenant farmer, on the show. The farm buildings and their interiors were also used as the setting for where Marigold, Lady Edith's illegitimate daughter, was brought up. While visiting Cogges, you can view photographs that show how the buildings were transformed during filming, plus other Downton Abbey memorabilia.
Tours and tickets to Experience Cogges
Should I book Cogges tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cogges 2021?
What's the best way to experience Cogges?
- Small-Group 'Downton Abbey' and Highclere Castle Tour from London
- Downton Abbey and Highclere Castle Tour from London
- Downton Abbey Country Tour from London by Private Black Taxi
- Downton Abbey Day In The Cotswolds Tour
Things to do near South East England
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France