A number of sightseeing tours feature a stop at one of the iconic buildings in Lujiazui, such as the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jinmao Tower, or World Financial Tower, and their sky-high observation decks in addition to other top Shanghai attractions such as the Bund or Yuyuan Garden. Take a hop-on hop-off bus tour to explore Pudong and other Shanghai highlights at your leisure, or customize a private tour. A Huangpu River cruise offers unbeatable views of Pudong’s distinctive skyline.
Recent reviews from experiences in Shanghai
Things to Know Before You Go
Pudong is a must-visit for first-time visitors to Shanghai.
Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to do a fair bit of walking.
Don’t forget your camera for spectacular views of, and from, Pudong.
The best views of the Pudong skyline are from the Bund or a Huangpu River cruise.
How to Get There
Visitors can take the metro, bus, ferry, or Bund Sightseeing Tunnel to Pudong. The cheapest option is the ferry, followed by the metro. Metro lines 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, and 13 all go to Pudong. Popular metro stops for sightseeing include Lujiazui Station and Century Park Station. Many visitors who arrive in Shanghai by air land at Pudong International Airport.
When to Get There
A big draw for many visitors to Pudong are the sky-high observation decks in Lujiazui. The best times to visit those are on a clear day, near sunset, and at night, when the city is spectacularly lit up.
Pudong New Area
Many visitors to Pudong stay around Lujiazui or Century Park. Those looking to explore farther afield should look towards Nanhui, at the southern end of the larger Pudong New Area, which includes several beaches and the Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Things to do in Eastern China
- Things to do in Suzhou
- Things to do in Hangzhou
- Things to do in Nanjing
- Things to do in Huangshan
- Things to do in Qingdao
- Things to do in Qufu
- Things to do in Taipei
- Things to do in Jeonju
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Okinawa
- Things to do in Nagasaki Prefecture
- Things to do in Fukuoka Prefecture
- Shanghai Science and Technology Museum (SSTM)
- Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
- Shanghai Tower (Shanghai Zhongxin Dasha)
- Jin Mao Tower
- Shanghai History Museum (Shanghai Lishi Bowuguan)
- Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu Ta)
- Shanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA)
- Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal
- Shanghai Jewish Refugees Museum (Shanghai Youtai Nanmin Jinianguan)
- Shanghai City God Temple (Chenghuang Miao)
- Yuyuan Garden (Yu Garden)
- Shanghai Old City (Nanshi)
- Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
- Fairmont Peace Hotel (Heping Fandian)
- Nanjing Road (Nanjing Lu)