Madame Tussauds San Francisco
The museum is located at Fisherman’s Wharf, the city’s main tourist district, so it’s easy to visit during a day of sightseeing. Avoid waiting in the ticket line by purchasing admission in advance, or enhance your visit with a combo tour that includes another San Francisco experience such as Alcatraz or Muir Woods. If you plan to visit more than one local attraction during your trip, opt for a sightseeing pass to save time and money on admission. In addition to internationally known celebrities, Madame Tussauds San Francisco is home to a section called The Spirit of San Francisco, which celebrates local artists, politicians, and activists such as Jerry Garcia and Harvey Milk, who have played a role in the city’s history.
Recent reviews from experiences in San Francisco
Things to know before you go
- Madame Tussauds is wheelchair accessible with an elevator and trained staff to assist those with disabilities.
- Parking can be difficult and expensive around Fisherman’s Wharf, so it’s recommended that you walk or take public transit.
- Madame Tussauds also features an Escape Room, which can be booked separately; buy tickets online or in person (first come, first served).
How to get there
Madame Tussauds is located on Jefferson Street between Mason and Taylor streets in the Fisherman’s Wharf district. You can get there on the F light rail line or the Powell–Hyde cable car.
When to get there
The museum is open afternoons, Thursday through Monday. Check the site opening times before you visit as they may change in peak season.
Madame Tussauds sits just off the northern end of San Francisco’s Embarcadero, which is both the waterfront and a major road running along the eastern edge of the city. With its wide sidewalk, it’s a great place for a walk, taking you past attractions including the Pier 39 sea lions, the Alcatraz ferry landing, the Exploratorium, and the Ferry Building Marketplace.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon