Located just a few steps from the River Walk, HemisFair Park is one of the most popular green spaces in San Antonio. Almost all sightseeing tours around town stop at the park to see the Tower of the Americas. Segway tours often pass through the park, and it’s a stop on the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus, perfect for a self-paced tour around San Antonio.
Things to Know Before You Go
- HemisFair Park is a popular spot with families and outdoors enthusiasts.
- Most park facilities are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
- Leashed dogs are welcome at the park, and waste bags can be found near the trash cans.
- Smoking is only allowed at designated areas within the park.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the park is to take a guided tour or to drive yourself. Parking is available at several nearby lots. It’s also possible to take a rideshare.
When to Get There
The park is open daily from 5am to midnight. Plan to visit in the spring or fall when temperatures are cool, or early in the morning or late in the evening during the summer months.
Attractions in the Park Besides the Tower of the Americas, HemisFair Park is home to several other notable attractions. Learn more about the heritage of the Lone Star State at the Institute of Texan Cultures, explore the galleries at the Cultural Institute of Mexico, or catch a family friendly production at the Magik Theatre.
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Missouri
- Things to do in Central Mexico