Samaná Bay is the heart of the Samana region in the far northeast of the Dominica Republic. Along its shores, you’ll find the famed Los Haitises National Park, protected tropical forest where you can explore caverns adorned with native Taino petroglyphs, spectacular tree covered islets, and idyllic mangrove lagoons. The bay itself is also a popular attraction for divers and snorkelers, and during the winter months it becomes a gathering point for migrating humpback whales, which come here from cooler climes to mate and birth their calves. During this time, whale watching tours practically guarantee sightings of these massive marine mammals as the jump and play at the water’s surface.
Samaná Bay Tours and Activities
Should I book Samaná Bay tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Samaná Bay 2021?
What's the best way to experience Samaná Bay?
- El Limon Waterfall and Bacardi Island Tour from Punta Cana
- Samana Tours (With Whales) Full Day Excursion!
- Whale Watching Samana + Bacardi Island with Lunch by Locals
- Punta Cana Harley-Davidson Full Day Sightseeing Tour
Things to do near Samaná
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Punta Cana
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Cruz Bay
- Things to do in Philipsburg
- Things to do in Oranjestad
- Things to do in Willemstad
- Things to do in Kralendijk
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in New Providence Island