Latvian National Opera (Latvijas Nacionala Opera un Balets) Tours and Tickets
The Latvian National Opera (Latvijas Nacionālā Opera un Balets) is home to both the Latvian National Opera and the Latvian National Ballet. Performances include modern operatic and ballet masterpieces, children’s performances and original Latvian works. During a typical season, more than 200 opera and ballet performances take place.
The Opera House was originally built in a neo-classical style in 1863 near the city’s canal. An 1882 fire destroyed a large part of the building and it was rebuilt according to the original design in 1887. A century later, the building underwent extensive renovations, including the foyers, coat rooms, staircases and stage, during which the capacity was reduced from 1,000 to 900. In 2001, a new annex known as the New Hall opened that includes additional performance space, seating 300 people.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Latvian National Opera (Latvijas Nacionala Opera un Balets)
- Riga Town Hall Square (Ratslaukums)
- Small Guild (Maza Gilde)
- St Peter's Church
- Riga Old Town (Vecriga)
- Swedish Gate (Zviedru Varti)
- House of the Blackheads (Melngalvju Nams)
- Jauniela Street (Jauniela Iela)
- Riga Cathedral (Rigas Doms)
- Riga Castle (Rigas Pils)
- Albert Street (Alberta Iela)
- Riga Art Nouveau Museum (Jugendstila Muzejs)
- Classic Car Museum (Retro-Auto Muzejs)