Wiesbaden Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
A popular destination since Roman times, the spa town of Wiesbaden has long attracted visitors to its thermal waters. Today, a trip to the provincial capital—located between Mainz and Frankfurt along the Upper Rhine—reveals heritage architecture, glitzy shopping streets, and numerous wellness facilities.
One of Europe’s oldest spa towns, well-heeled Wiesbaden has long cultivated a reputation for luxury and pampering. More than a dozen natural hot springs still flow in the city, and numerous bathing facilities and luxury hotels cater to treatment-seekers. Beyond sampling its wellness offerings, visit Wiesbaden to see its architectural highlights, including the New Town Hall, Ducal Palace, Market Church (Marktkirche), and the neoclassical Kurhaus hotel and spa.
Join one of the many day trips from Frankfurt that make it easy to discover Wiesbaden’s top attractions, visit independently, or see it from a Rhine River cruise.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Nerobergbahn is one of the world's only funiculars to use water propulsion; it offers panoramic views overlooking the city.
- Adjacent to the Kurhaus, Kurpark is one of Wiesbaden’s top green spaces; in warm weather, boat rentals are available on its lake.
- Head to the Hessian State Theater (Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden), a heritage landmark that once hosted composers including Strauss and Brahms.
- Riesling has long been grown in the hills around Wiesbaden, and winery visits are a popular local diversion.
How to Get There
About 17 miles (28 kilometers) from central Frankfurt, Wiesbaden can be reached in under an hour by public transportation or by car. Catch one of the 100 or so trains that travel daily between the cities, or arrive by car via the A66. Rhine River cruises offer another perspective on the city.
When to Get There
There’s no bad time to visit Wiesbaden. It’s vibrant in late spring and summer, and while Rhine cruises are frequently suspended in winter, low-season prices at the city’s hotels and resorts provide a compelling reason to travel.
Old Town Highlights
If you only have a short time to sightsee, stick to Wiesbaden’s Old Town (Aldstadt), which is home to a heavy concentration of landmarks. The Palace Square (Schlossplatz) is a particular highlight and is host to the Wiesbaden City Palace (Stadtschloss), Marktkirche, and New Town Hall.
Address: Wiesbaden, Hesse 65207, Germany
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Wiesbaden
No results found!
Things to do near Rhine River
- Things to do in Cologne
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Alsace
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Frankfurt
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Central Switzerland