Frida Kahlo Museum (Museo Frida Kahlo)
Inaugurated in 2017 on the 110th anniversary of Kahlo’s birth, the Frida Kahlo Museum takes a fresh approach to documenting the life of the artist in the heart of Playa del Carmen with multimedia animations, interactive exhibits, and reproductions of important paintings. To visit independently, book a skip-the-line ticket in advance. Alternatively, some guided walking and cycling tours—which typically include visits to museums —stop at the Frida Kahlo Museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
Fans of artist Frida Kahlo appreciate this museum dedicated to her life and work in Playa del Carmen.
Kids under 5 enter for free.
Buy a skip-the-line ticket in advance to save time.
Frida Kahlo Museum exhibits are captioned in both Spanish and English.
How to Get There
Frida Kahlo Museum is conveniently located on Playa del Carmen’s central strip, Fifth Avenue (Quinta Avenida), at the corner of Eighth Street. It’s within easy walking distance of most other main Playa del Carmen attractions. There is a parking lot about five blocks away if you drive.
When to Get There
Playa del Carmen’s Frida Kahlo Museum is open daily, morning until evening. Plan to spend about an hour exploring. Playa del Carmen is perennially popular, but visit in the down season (July through early December) to avoid the largest crowds or stop by in the evening. Alternatively, stop by in the afternoon to escape the midday sun.
Other Things to Do on Fifth Avenue
Round out a trip to the Frida Kahlo Museum by exploring Fifth Avenue’s other principal attractions. Watch the flying acrobats perform the Voladores de Papantla rite in the main square, Parque Fundadores, before browsing for souvenirs—such as embroidered clothing, tequila, or artwork—at the many stores on the strip. Then, grab happy hour drinks or a late lunch at a street side restaurant.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Rio Secreto Nature Reserve Tours & Tickets
- Cirque du Soleil Joya Tours & Tickets
- 3D Museum of Wonders Tours & Tickets
- Kantun Chi Ecopark Tours & Tickets
- Cenote Chaak Tun Tours & Tickets
- Fundadores Park (El Zócalo) Tours & Tickets
- Mesoamerican Barrier Reef Tours & Tickets
- Frida Kahlo Museum (Museo Frida Kahlo)