With its mixture of gourmet markets, cutting-edge drinking holes, and historic landmarks, Paris' Bastille neighborhood allows travelers to escape the city's bustling center and discover the "Parisian's Paris." Boutique and bohemian, Bastille buzzes with creativity, most evident in the shops and artist studios that populate its streets. The heart of the area is Place de la Bastille, the former home of the Bastille fortress, where traffic whirls at a roundabout topped by the 170-foot (52-meter) Colonne de Juillet.
Bastille Tours and Activities
Should I book Bastille tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Bastille 2021?
What's the best way to experience Bastille?
- Off the Beaten Track: Guided Bike Tour of Paris Local Districts and Stories
- Small-Group Gourmet Food and Market Tour of the Bastille District in Paris
- Small group or Private Paris tour: Wine, Cheese & Pastries at the Marais
- Paris Full-Day Small Group or Private Tour: Become a Parisian for a Day
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy