20th November Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre) Tours and Activities
If you love meat then the 20th November Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre) in Oaxaca, Mexico, is a must visit. This market is centrally located in downtown Oaxaca and puts a strong focus on meat plus has a variety of other products for sale.
Of the meat offerings at Mercado 20 de Noviembre, its claim to fame is the section of the market dedicated to Carnes Asadas, which means grilled meat. You can buy cuts of meat raw to grill it up yourself if you're staying somewhere that has such capabilities, or you can take the easy route and purchase the sizzling slices of meat grilled right in front of you at the market and enjoy it at one of the stall-side tables. To really make your Carnes Asadas experience fun, pick up some chiles or veggies at one of the produce stalls by the lane of Carnes Asadas stands and ask your meat vendor to grill them up with your Carnes Asadas.
Mercado 20 de Noviembre is also home to a variety of stalls filled with buckets and containers holding spices, fruits, mole (a Mexican sauce that Oaxaca is known for) and much more. You can also find local arts and crafts, though the focus at Mercado 20 de Noviembre is largely on the food.
Tours and Activities to Experience 20th November Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre)
Frequently Asked Questions
- City Tour Santo Domingo/Alcalá/Exconvento de Santa Catalina /mercados/chocolate
- OAXACA STREET FOOD TOUR, eat like a local.
- Oaxaca Street Food Tour
- Private Oaxaca Street Food Tour
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan