Things to Do on Oahu This Winter
Winter is peak season on Oahu, when the island lures visitors who want to celebrate the holidays island-style and avoid the cold temperatures elsewhere in the US. This is also prime surfing season, when the waves get huge and surfers try their luck. Here are our picks for the best ways to experience Oahu in winter.
- Board anopen-air, hop-on hop-off bus or trolleyto discover Honolulu and Waikiki attractions at your own pace.
- Try to spot migrating humpback whales off the coast on awhale-watching excursion.
- Watch massive waves roll in—and brave surfers tackle them—on theNorth Shore.
- Commemorate the anniversary of the infamous December 7 attack atPearl Harbor.
- Go horseback riding atKualoa Ranch.
- Take a romanticcatamaran dinner cruise, and watch a spectacular fireworks display from the deck.
- Soar over beaches, valleys, and waterfalls on anopen-door helicopter ride.
- Experience atraditional Hawaiian luauat the Polynesian Cultural Center.