Utah Scenic Byway 279 Rock Art Sites
In an area filled with challenging mountain passes, technical terrain and plenty of level 2, 3 and 4 hikes, the Rock Art Sites of Moab offer travelers easy access to ancient drawings scattered along paths even a novice can navigate.
Old-school petroglyphs and pictographs pay homage to the Paleo-Indians, a group of historic people thought to be the first in the area, and visitors can wander through scenic points like the Moon Flower Canyon, Birthing Scene and Jug Handle Arch to gain new perspective on the traditions of a culture that’s long gone, but still remembered. Travelers say the road that winds through the Rock Art sites is one of the area’s most scenic, making it a perfect rainy-day activity when wet weather makes scaling mountaintops or biking down rugged passes impossible.
What's the best way to experience Utah Scenic Byway 279 Rock Art Sites?
- Moab Daytime Jet Boat Tour on the Colorado River
- Sunset Jetboat Ride with Dinner on the Colorado River from Moab
Things to do near Moab
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Salt Lake City
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Denver
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Jackson Hole
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Arizona