Things to Do in Milan This Spring
Winters can be long in Milan, and the city blooms both figuratively and literally with the first balmy days of spring. Locals gather in the city’s lush parks for a walk by day and in chic outdoor cafés and bars for an aperitivo come sunset. Here are the best ways to enjoy Milan as it comes to life in spring.
- Take advantage of the warmer temperatures to savor the view from the spectacular rooftop terrace of Milan Cathedral (Duomo).
- Beat the summer crowds to ponder Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper in relative peace.
- Join the foodie fun at alfresco restaurants and cafés with a food-and-wine tour in the trendiest neighborhood in the city.
- Bask in the warm spring sunshine from an open-top bus with a hop-on hop-off tour.
- Enjoy the lavish villa gardens lining Lake Maggiore in full spring bloom during a day trip.
- Get outside with the rest of the sun-starved Milanesi and tour the highlights by bike.
- Take the first beach break of the season with a jaunt to the picturesque fishing villages of the Cinque Terre.
- Admire the city and surrounding countryside of Lombardy and Piedmont from above with a hot-air-balloon ride.
- Experience the spring abundance even in urban Milan with a visit to the local market followed by a cooking lesson.
- Update your wardrobe for the season with a shopping tour of the most fashionable boutiques in Milan.