Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Tours
Miami is often called the Magic City, and if it truly is, this opulent Italian Renaissance-style villa, the housing equivalent to a Fabergé egg, is its most fairy-tale residence. Built for industrialist James Deering in 1916, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens brims with 15th to 19th century furniture, tapestries, paintings and decorative arts.
The poetic seaside grounds, which front Biscayne Bay, are full of splendid gardens (including a secret garden), beautiful fountains, sculptures, elegant pools, a charming Florentine gazebo, canals running everywhere and lots of trails. The landscape and architecture were influenced by Veneto and Tuscan Italian Renaissance models and designed in the Mediterranean Revival architecture style.
Nearly 200,000 people visit Vizcaya each year including some of the world's leading dignitaries such as President Reagan, Pope John Paul II, Queen Elizabeth of England and King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia of Spain. In 1994, the historic Summit of the Americas was held at Vizcaya with President Clinton and the 34 leaders of the Western Hemisphere.
The Vizcaya Palace Museum & Gardens is located in Coconut Grove, just south of downtown Miami and the Rickenbacker Causeway. Nearby attractions include Barnacle State Historic Park and the Miami Museum of Science & Planetarium. Coconut Grove, itself, is worth a visit for shopping on Cocowalk & Streets of Mayfair or just taking in the mellow vibe of the neighborhood.
5 Tours and Activities to Experience Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Frequently Asked Questions
- Admission to Vizcaya Museum and Gardens with Transportation
- City Half Day Tour of Miami by Bus with Sightseeing Cruise
- Romantic Miami Air Tour With Champagne - 45 min - PRIVATE
- Miami Sightseeing City Tour
Things to do near Miami
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island