Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky)
Located in the Coyoacan borough of Mexico City sits a well-known monument in honor of a government dissenter. The Trotsky Museum honors the famous Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky, known for his participation in the Bolshevik Revolution, his distaste for the rich and his adamant disapproval of then-Russian leader Stalin. Trotsky and his family fled to Mexico following a death warrant being issued for him in 1939.
It was here, in this house-turned-museum, that Trotsky spent his final days and survived one assassination attempt before succumbing to a second. Bullet holes from the first attempt are still embedded in the walls, and the rest of the museum also keeps the look and feel of the era when Trosky and his family lived here in exile.
The museum includes the house, a garden area and outer walls with a guard tower. The complex was declared a historic monument in 1982, and in 1990, on the 50th anniversary of Trotsky’s assassination, it was also made into a foundation that promotes political asylum for those being persecuted by their governments.
Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky) Tours
Should I book Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky) 2021?
What's the best way to experience Leon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky)?
- Private Full-Day Museums of Mexico City Tour
- Private tour Antropology Museum Frida Khalo museum and Leon Trotskyi museum
- Mexico City: Museums of Coyoacan Private Tour
Things to do near Mexico City
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Guadalajara
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in Mazatlan
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Jalisco