La Feria Chapultepec
This amusement park in Chapultepec Park is perfect for a family day out in Mexico City. Visitors choose from various passes to explore some of its 50-plus rides and attractions. Highlights include La Montana Rusa, a record-holder for tallest roller coaster when it was built; and La Quimera, the first coaster with three vertical loops. There are slower rides for kids ages 10 and under, such as a train, swing carousel, and bumper cars.
Things to Know Before You Go
Mexico City’s La Feria Chapultepec is a must-do for families with kids.
Buy your tickets in advance to avoid waiting in line at the ticket booth.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes so you can easily hop on and off the rides.
The park is wheelchair accessible and offers stroller rentals and parking.
Outside food and drinks are not permitted, but there are plenty of snack carts inside.
How to Get There
There are several ways to reach the amusement park, located in the middle of Chapultepec Park. Take the metro to Constituyentes (Line 7), which drops you off right by the entrance. The Chapultepec–Centro Historico Turibus also travels through the park.
When to Get There
La Feria Chapultepec is open daily, with extended evening hours on select days. It’s especially busy on weekends (particularly Sundays) and holidays. If you want to avoid long lines, arrive before noon and start at the back of the park.
Chapultepec Park Highlights
Named for the Nahuatl wordchapultepec, which means "at the grasshopper hill," Chapultepec Park is double the size of New York’s Central Park at 1,695 acres (341 hectares). This sprawling Mexico City park is home to notable attractions such as the Chapultepec Zoo, National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia), National Auditorium (Auditorio Nacional), Modern Art Museum (Museo de Arte Moderno), Chapultepec Castle, and Tamayo Museum.
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Chapultepec Park (Bosque de Chapultepec)
- Papalote Children's Museum (Papalote Museo del Niño)
- National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropología)
- Chapultepec Castle (Castillo de Chapultepec)
- Tamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo)
- Mexico City Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)
- Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)
- La Condesa
- Inbursa Aquarium
- Jumex Museum (Museo Jumex)
- Soumaya Museum (Plaza Carso)
- Angel of Independence (Monumento a la Independencia)
- Bellini Revolving Restaurant (Bellini Restaurante Giratorio)