Things to Do in Madrid This Spring
Madrid comes into its own between March and May, when visitors bask in pleasant, sunny weather free from summer’s big crowds and blazing heat. From drinking in the spring air and exploring museums to enjoying the longer evenings with wine-tastings and flamenco shows, here are some ways to experience Madrid in springtime.
- Get your bearings and an overview of Madrid on a quick and easyhop-on-hop-off-double-decker bus tour.
- Take askip-the-line tour of the Prado Museum, exploring with a guide to ensure you see its greatest artworks.
- Discover two of Spain’s grandest royal palaces in a day on amoney-saving combo trip to El Escorial and Aranjuez.
- Sample classic tapas and Spanish wines as you uncover Madrid’s culinary scene on an eveningtapas- and wine-tasting tour.
- Escape the city bustle and spin around the fountains, gardens, and slalom zones of Madrid’s newest park on aRiver Park Segway experience.
- Check out Madrid’s landmarks and explore its Royal Palace on acombo city and skip-the-line Royal Palace tour.
- Stamp your feet to fiery flamenco at Madrid’s oldest Arabic-decortablao on anevening at the Torres Bermejas flamenco bar.
- Check off two of Spain’s UNESCO-listed medieval cities in a day on atour to Avila and Salamanca.
- See the spring flowers and tree blossoms on abike tour of Madrid’s Retiro Park.
- Absorb the timeworn Arab, Jewish, and Christian monuments and history ofToledo on a day trip.