Things to Do in Madrid This Fall
As summer’s heat gives way to cooler weather, fall is perfect for exploring Madrid. Take advantage of the milder weather to view the Spanish capital’s highlights on foot, and take day trips to explore nearby cities, wineries, and the surrounding countryside without the peak-season crowds. Here are some options for visiting Madrid this fall.
- See Madrid’s landmarks and step off to explore sites of interest courtesy of ahop-on hop-off double-decker bus.
- Bypass the lines and have a guide show you the Royal Palace and Prado Museum on askip-the-line combo tour.
- Admire gold autumnal forests and mountains on ahot-air-balloon ride over Guadarrama National Park, complete with brunch and cava.
- Soak up a vibrant flamenco show at one of Madrid’s most iconictablaos on around-trip outing to the Torres Bermejas flamenco bar.
- Admire the medieval treasures and El Greco artworks of Toledo and Aranjuez’s Royal Palace on aday trip.
- Uncover Madrid’s past, and see the Plaza Mayor and other gems only accessible on foot, on ahistorical city walk.
- See the fall foliage of leafyEl Retiro Park on a Segway touraround Madrileños’ favorite green space.
- Experience the buzz and Gaudi-designed buildings ofBarcelona on a high-speed rail trip.
- Sample wines produced in the vineyards of Madrid’s wine country on a full-day wineries-and-lunch tour.
- Enjoy the city lights and evening vibe in-between tapas bites on aMadrid tapas night walking tour.