Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza)
Wandering the galleries of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum—with its vast and varied collection—is like taking a tour through art history. Some city tours include museum admission, and art lovers can learn more on a guided visit, which usually comes with skip-the-line access. Those who want to see Madrid’s best works of art in limited time can tour the entire Golden Triangle with a guide to focus on the highlights at each museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum is a must-see for art lovers.
Book your tickets ahead of time to skip the line and have more time to enjoy the collection.
Buy a single admission ticket to the museum, or save on a combo ticket that includes the Prado and Reina Sofia museums as well.
The museum collection and facilities are wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the museum is to take the Madrid Metro to Banco de España station (Line 2). Several public buses stop in the area as well.
When to Get There
The permanent collection is open daily year-round. Monday the museum is open only in the afternoon, and admission is free. Hours are extended during the busier summer months. The best time to visit the museum is first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon on a weekday.
Highlights of the Collection
The collection features so many celebrated names that you won’t have to walk far to come across a masterpiece. Van Dyck, Rubens, Rembrandt, Titian, Picasso, O’Keefe, and Kandinsky are just a few of the artists featured. Among the highlights are the Portrait of Henry VIII by Hans Holbein and Woman with a Parasol in a Garden by Renoir.
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Prado Museum (Museo del Prado)
- Madrid Naval Museum (Museo Naval de Madrid)
- Lope de Vega House Museum (Casa Museo Lope de Vega)
- Cybele Palace (Palacio de Cibeles)
- Plaza de Cibeles
- Cardamomo Tablao Flamenco
- Círculo de Bellas Artes (CBA)
- National Museum of Decorative Arts (Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas)
- Royal Botanical Garden (Real Jardín Botánico)
- San Fernando Royal Academy of Fine Art
- Cibeles Fountain (Fuente de Cibeles)
- CaixaForum Madrid
- Puerta del Sol
- Essential Flamenco
- Casino Gran Vía