Plaza de Cibeles
One of Madrid’s most splendid, iconic views is from Plaza de Cibeles at the end of tree-lined Paseo del Prado. Fuente de la Cibeles, the fountain at the center of the grand roundabout, depicts Cybele, Greek goddess of nature and fertility, steering a lion-drawn chariot. The fountain was built in 1780 and has since become a symbol of the city. The fountain has also become a rallying point for fans of the soccer team Real Madrid whenever the team wins a major tournament.
Surrounding the plaza sit some of Madrid’s grandest buildings, including the ornate Cybele Palace, red brick Buenavista Palace, the Palace of Linares and the dignified Bank of Spain building.
Plaza de Cibeles Tours
Should I book Plaza de Cibeles tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Plaza de Cibeles 2021?
What's the best way to experience Plaza de Cibeles?
- Retiro Park Segway Tour in Madrid
- Madrid Fun and Sightseeing Bike tour 3 hours-Love Madrid
- Madrid ebike fun and sightseeing tour (11 am and 3:30 pm)
- Madrid BIKE or EBIKE experience: Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and picnic
Things to do near Madrid
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Basque Country