Château de Nitray
The Château de Nitray may be one of France’s smallest, but its charm and character are unmatched. Built in the late 15th and early 16th centuries, the castle is currently owned by a family that uses the historic structure to carry on the age-old tradition of local wine making. Visitors love the family vibe and travelers can tour the facility, sample bold reds and sparkling whites while learning about production from expert guides. Travelers should also tour the pigeonnier, which was once home to dozens of domestic pigeons and remains one of the most unique things about this unassuming destination. Because the land—and the chateau—are privately owned, visitors can camp on the grounds free of charge and wake up surrounded the beauty of the Loire Valley.
Tours and tickets to Experience Château de Nitray
Should I book Château de Nitray tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Château de Nitray 2021?
What's the best way to experience Château de Nitray?
- Loire Valley Chambord & Chenonceau Castles Day Trip with Lunch & Wine from Paris
- Solo Heritage Pass
- Duo Heritage Pass
Things to do near Loire Valley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in South West England