Museum of Illusions
The Museum of Illusions boasts more than 40 different exhibits and illusions. Highlights include a Vortex tunnel, an infinity disco room, an upside-down room, and a playroom with games. There are also smaller installations such as the Mirror of Truth and Rubin’s Vase throughout the museum. Book your tickets ahead of time save time on the day. Entry to the museum is also included on the multi-attraction Ljubljana city sightseeing pass.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Museum of Illusions is ideal for families with kids and is a perfect rainy day activity.
Instructions are provided in Slovenian, English, German, and Italian.
Visit with a group to make the most of the interactive exhibits.
Don’t forget your camera to capture the fun and illusions.
Food and drinks are not permitted inside the museum.
The museum has a gift shop filled with different wooden mind games.
How to Get There
Located in Congress Square, in central Ljubljana, the Museum of Illusions is an easy walk from just about anywhere in the tourist center. Many city bus lines also stop nearby.
When to Get There
The Museum of Illusions is open daily from 9am to 10pm. It can get busy on weekends and public holidays, so visit in the morning during the week to beat the crowds. Visitors typically spend around an hour in the museum.
Other Museums in Ljubljana
The Museum of Illusions is undoubtedly the quirkiest museum in Ljubljana. More traditional museum options include the National Gallery of Slovenia, the Museum of Contemporary History, Museum of Contemporary Art, Ljubljana Castle Museum, and the Slovene Ethnographic Museum; some culture-focused tours transport you between museums with ease and provide important cultural context.
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Trieste
- Things to do in Koper
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Rovinj
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Congress Square (Kongresni Trg)
- Cobblers' Bridge (Cevljarski Most)
- Ljubljanica River
- National and University Library of Slovenia (Arodna in Univerzitetna Knjiznica)
- Ljubljana Town Hall (Magistrat)
- Ljubljana Old Town
- Triple Bridge (Tromostovje)
- Preseren Square (Presernov Trg)
- Krizanke Summer Theatre (Poletno Gledalisce Krizanke)
- Cankar Centre (Cankarjev Dom)
- Ljubljana Castle (Ljubljanski Grad)
- Ljubljana Cathedral (Church of St. Nicholas)
- Butchers' Bridge (Mesarski Most)
- Ljubljana Castle Funicular
- Dragon Bridge