A beautifully restored medieval market town tucked hidden in the valley between Esthwaite Water and Windermere, Hawkshead is one of the Lake District’s most traditional and picturesque villages, characterized by its striking white-washed buildings, grey slate roofs and cobblestoned sidewalks.
Wander around the car-free center, where you can explore the 15th-century St Michael's parish church, see the former grammar school that William Wordsworth attended, and visit the Beatrix Potter Gallery, before browsing the small, family-run shops or eating at one of the historic pubs.
Tours and tickets to Experience Hawkshead Village
Lakeland Poets: Wordsworth and his circle at Dove Cottage, Grasmere and Rydal Mount - Full Day All-inclusive Tour
Should I book Hawkshead Village tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Hawkshead Village 2021?
What's the best way to experience Hawkshead Village?
- Beatrix Potter's Half Day Lake District Tour Including Lake Cruise
- Beatrix Potter: Morning Half Day All-Inclusive Tour with an Expert Guide
- 5 Day Best of the Lake District Experience Tour
- Beatrix Potter: Afternoon Half Day All-Inclusive Tour with an Expert Guide
Things to do near Lake District
- Things to do in Keswick
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in South East Ireland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England