Harry S. Truman Little White House
Located in what is now called the Truman Annex in Old Town Key West, the Harry Truman Little White House was the winter White House for President Truman for a total of 175 days over the course of 11 visits.
The former president was not the only U.S. leader to enjoy some respite in Key West. The house originally served as the base commandant’s house for the naval submarine station at Key West. President Taft was the first to visit in 1912, and Thomas Edison resided in the house during World War I. Over the years, six American presidents have used the residence, but the most important usage was by Truman from 1946 to 1952. Due to advances in technology, he realized that he could continue to act on matters of importance outside of Washington, D.C. and thus, the Little White House became his home from November to December and February to March, allowing the president a time of rest and recuperation.
Other notable figures such as presidents Kennedy, Carter and Clinton have visited and worked in the Little White House; many continue to do so. Because of this, the property will occasionally be closed for government functions with very little advance notification.
Harry S. Truman Little White House Tours
Should I book Harry S. Truman Little White House tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Harry S. Truman Little White House 2021?
What's the best way to experience Harry S. Truman Little White House?
- Key West Scavenger Hunt Adventure Mobile Experience
- Go Miami Explorer Pass: Choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 Attractions
- Harry S. Truman Little White House Admission Ticket
- Day Excursion to Key West From Miami
Things to do near Key West
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island