This Guadalajara amusement park caters to guests big and small with its kid-friendly rides, heart-racing roller coasters, and adventure courses. Home to around 40 unique attractions, including a VR coaster, high rope walk, and Sesame Street-themed land, Selva Mágica is a popular destination for families and thrill-seekers in western Mexico.
You’ll need at least half a day to get around Selva Mágica’s highlights, plus more if you’re planning to experience every ride. Passes can be purchased in advance, with three options to choose from: the Platinum Pass, the Magic Pass, and the Platinum VIP Pass. The Platinum VIP Pass includes access to all attractions plus a meal, while the budget-friendly Magic Pass is designed specifically for families with little ones.
Things to know before you go
- Book your passes in advance to avoid any long lines on the day.
- The majority of the park is uncovered, so bring water and sunscreen.
- Children under four years old can enter the park for free.
- Outside food and drinks (other than water) are not permitted in the park
How to get there
Selva Mágica is a 20-minute drive from central Guadalajara. Visitors can take a taxi or look out for one of the city buses that stops at Zoologico.
When to get there
The amusement park is open most days. Check the calendar in advance to see if any special events are taking place, especially during the summer period. If you’re visiting with small kids, don’t miss the Sesame Street shows that take place twice daily.
Selva Mágica is situated just next door to one of western Mexico’s most famous attractions, the Guadalajara Zoo (Zoológico Guadalajara). Home to lions, tigers, elephants, and many more animals, this enormous, safari-inspired zoo is a must-see for any visiting nature lover. What’s more, its convenient location makes it easy to combine with the amusement park for a day of family-friendly fun.
- Guadalajara Zoo (Zoológico Guadalajara)
- Mirador Independencia Park (Parque Mirador Independencia)
- Rotonda de los Jaliscienses Ilustres
- Hospicio Cabañas
- Tequila Sightseeing Trains
- Mariachi Plaza (Plaza de los Mariachis)
- Guadalajara Wax Museum (Museo de Cera de Guadalajara)
- Governor's Palace (Palacio de Gobierno)
- Guadalajara Cathedral
- Plaza de Armas
- Degollado Theater (Teatro Degollado)
- Guadalajara Historic Center (Centro Histórico)
- University of Guadalajara Museum of the Arts (MUSA)
- Templo Expiatorio del Santísimo Sacramento
- Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan (Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Zapopan)