Denver Botanic Gardens
You can stroll the garden at your leisure or join one of the many tours that dive into different aspects of the park. Explore the tropical plant collection with a guided walk through the conservatory, learn the history of plants in North America with a tour dubbed, “a walk through tyme,” or tour the Old England portion of the garden on a midsummers eve tour.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Denver Botanic Gardens are a must-visit for gardening and culture enthusiasts.
- The garden has a cafe, library, and shop selling gifts and gardening supplies.
- Personal photography is unrestricted but permits are required for commercial photography.
- Most of the gardens are wheelchair accessible but a few areas have limited access.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available free of charge at the Boettcher Memorial Center.
How to Get There
The main gardens are located on York Street adjacent to Cheesman Park, 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from downtown Denver. Limited free parking is available and you can reach the location by public transportation (use route #24 or #10). The Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms (a native plant refuge and working farm) is located in Littleton, Colorado, 22 miles (35 kilometers) southwest of Denver.
When to Get There
The York Street gardens are open from 9am to 8pm in the summer and 9am to 5pm in the winter. Some areas and tours are only available in certain seasons so look ahead to ensure you will be able to visit your desired attractions. Throughout the summer the park hosts concerts and special events. During the winter holidays, the gardens celebrate with elaborate light displays.
Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms To see a different side of the Denver Botanic Gardens make a trip to Chatfield Farms. Here, you can observe a working farm in action on docent-led tours. The farm demonstrates historic farming techniques as well as displaying modern-day agriculture. You can roam the farm on a self-guided tour that includes 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) of nature trails, a butterfly house, Deer Creek Discovery children’s play area, and wildflower gardens.
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri