Playa Mia Grand Beach Park
Playa Mia Beach Park is an ideal place to relax and enjoy Cozumel’s ample sunshine. A day pass offers access to the water park, beachfront lounge chairs, and use of kayaks, sailboats, paddle boats, and other water gear. You can choose to upgrade your ticket to an all-inclusive option, which offers an international buffet and open bar. It’s also possible to visit Playa Mia as part of a Cozumel snorkeling tour, during which you can explore some of the island’s vibrant coral reefs.
Recent reviews from experiences in Cozumel
Things to Know Before You Go
Playa Mia Grand Beach Park is an great for families with kids.
Remember to bring sun protection, swimwear, and towels.
There is an onsite shopping center offering handicrafts, clothes, and jewelry.
How to Get There
Playa Mia Grand Beach Park is located on the island of Cozumel, off the coast of Playa del Carmen on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Ferries to Cozumel typically leave every half hour from Playa del Carmen and arrive at San Miguel, the island’s main town and cruise ship port. From San Miguel, it takes roughly 25 minutes to get to Mr. Sancho’s by road. Taxis, rental cars, and scooters are easy ways to travel on the island.
When to Get There
Playa Mia is open daily from 9am to 6pm. The park is busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm. There are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October), but be sure to check the weather for storms. Arrive early to grab a beach chair close to the water.
Family-Friendly Activities at Playa Mia Grand Beach Park
Kids can enjoy the water park’s 200-foot-long (61-meter-long) Twin Twister water slides, a colorful playground, and Buccaneer's Bay, which features a pint-sized pirate ship and water cannons. Beach activities such as volleyball and water balloon tossing are also an option.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- The Mayan Cacao Company
- Mr. Sancho's Beach Club Cozumel
- Playa Palancar
- Corona Beach (Playa Corona)
- Palancar Reef
- Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
- Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park
- Columbia Reef
- Santa Rosa Wall
- Cozumel Cruise Port
- Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)
- Tormentos Reef
- El Mirador Lookout
- Punta Sur Eco Beach Park (Faro Celerain Ecological Reserve)
- Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park