Happy Valley Chengdu
Happy Valley Chengdu covers an area of 5,059,038 square feet (470,000 square meters) and is divided into seven distinct themed zones, including Magic Castle, Flying Island, Dreams of the Mediterranean, and Happy Light Year. There are plenty of thrills to be had, including a bungee jump and indoor skydiving in a vertical wind tunnel. Those looking for something less extreme can enjoy carnival games and a range of performances, from magic acts to acrobatics.
It’s possible to visit Happy Valley Chengdu independently, and some visitors choose to visit with a guide to help them navigate the park and take care of transportation. Alternatively, opt for a private tour to add a stop at Happy Valley Chengdu to any customized itinerary.
Things to Know Before You Go
Happy Valley Chengdu is suitable for families.
Opening times for rides are sometimes staggered.
Wear comfortable walking shoes and be prepared to do a fair bit of walking.
There’s an internal (paid) shuttle for those who don’t want to walk as much.
Visitors who don’t speak Mandarin Chinese may have difficulties navigating the park.
How to Get There
Happy Valley Chengdu is located in the Jinniu District, in northwestern Chengdu. It’s easiest to take a taxi there. Or take bus 36, 48, 88, 116, 119, 209, 656, 712, or 1061 to Huaqiaocheng and walk southeast.
When to Get There
Although the park is open until 9pm daily, it’s best to arrive earlier in the day, as many of the rides close by 6pm. It can get very busy on weekends and public holidays, so visit during the week for smaller crowds. Special and seasonal events are held from time to time.
Other Theme and Amusement Parks in Chengdu
Happy Valley Chengdu is not the only theme part in Chengdu. Fans of theme parks may also want to check out Guosetianxiang Theme Park, Haichang Polar Ocean Scenic Spot, and Paradise Island Ocean Park.
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Lijiang
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Jinsha Site Museum
- Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)
- Museum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)
- Chengdu Culture Park (Wenhua Gongyuan)
- Shufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)
- Qingyang Palace
- Du Fu Cottage
- Zhaojue Temple
- Renmin Park (People's Park)
- Chengdu Sichuan Opera Art Center
- Wuhou Memorial Temple (Temple of Marquis Wu)
- Jinli Ancient Street
- Song Xian Qiao Antique Market
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- Wangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)