Mexican Folk Art Museum (Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano) Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
Visit the Mexican Folk Art Museum, located in Xcaret Park, to see its colorful collection of art and handicrafts from throughout Mexico. Its exhibits provide a window into Mexican culture and history through traditional artwork. Don’t miss its famed collection of Los Dias De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) dolls.
Set inside a 19th century-style estate, the Mexican Folk Art Museum is included with admission to Xcaret alongside other cultural attractions such as recreated Mayan villages, archeological sites, and historic chapels. It's easy to visit the eco-archaeological park on a tour from Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. Once there, in addition to immersing yourself in Mexican art and culture, you can swim in underground rivers, see wildlife, and relax on the park’s white-sand beaches.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Mexican Folk Art Museum is a must-see for art and history enthusiasts.
- You can purchase replicas of the original art at the museum shop.
- Xcaret offers wheelchair, stroller, towel, and locker rentals.
- Allow a full day to explore the museum and surrounding cultural attractions.
How to Get There
Xcaret Park is located outside of Playa del Carmen off of Federal Highway 307—the main road through the Mayan Riviera. You can reach the park by car, bus, or taxi. To skip the hassle of negotiating your own transportation, visit on a tour that includes round-trip transportation.
When to Get There
Xcaret Park is open daily from morning through late evening. To make the most of your trip, tour the museum at the start of your visit to Xcaret to give yourself a foundational knowledge of Mexican heritage that will come in handy as you explore the rest of the park.
Other Cultural Attractions at Xcaret
The Mexican Folk Art Museum and surrounding hacienda are just a small slice of the cultural attractions at Xcaret. You can also travel through original Mayan ruins and archeology sites, tour a replica of a Mayan village, and visit an ancient cemetery. Plus, Xcaret’s tour guides, performers, and musicians bring the exhibits to life with reenactments, educational stories, traditional live music, and performances.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Mexican Folk Art Museum (Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano)
No results found!
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Placencia
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Petén