Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)
The Diamond Museum covers different aspects of the diamond trade and teaches visitors what to look out for in diamond quality via interactive displays. You’ll have the chance to examine the gemstones up close with many different stones on display. You can also watch a diamond polisher in action to see a stone go from its natural form to glittering splendor.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Entry to the museum is via paid ticket.
- There is provision for sight and hearing-impaired visitors but the museum is not wheelchair accessible.
- The diamond-polishing workshop is available at an additional cost and takes place at set times throughout the day, so it’s best to check before visiting.
How to Get There
The Diamond Museum is located at Katelijnestraat 43 in Bruges City Center. Buses 11 and 12 stop a short walk away at Brugge Bejinhof. It’s a 10-minute journey by bus to the main train station with connections to Brussels international airport.
When to Get There
The museum is open year-round. It is closed on select national holidays and some days in January. If you want to see the diamond polishing workshop make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the designated start time as spaces are limited.
Visit the Church of Our Lady
Bruges’ Church of Our Lady, or Onze Lieve Vrouwekerk, is one of the city’s best-loved landmarks. Climb the unusual brick church tower (the second highest in the world) for panoramic views over the city’s canals, then marvel at Michelangelo’s Madonna and Child sculpture in white marble, a highlight of any visit to the city.
- Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaarde (Begijnhof)
- De Halve Maan Brewery
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Minnewater (Lake of Love)
- Market Square (Markt)
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Burg Square
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)