Ferrari Museum (Museo Ferrari)
With about 27,000 square feet (2,500 square meters) of floor space devoted to Ferrari’s history and design, a visit to this unique museum is an unforgettable day trip from nearby Bologna, or cities as far afield as Verona, Florence, or Milan. For a full-immersion experience, combine your visit with a stop at the Fiorano Test Track at the nearby Ferrari factory, a visit to the Enzo Ferrari Museum in Modena, or even a thrilling test drive. The Ferrari Museum is one of several world-renowned car manufacturers in Emilia-Romagna’s famed Motor Valley, so consider booking a full-day tour that also includes visits to the Lamborghini, Pagani, and Ducati museums and showrooms.
Recent reviews from experiences in Bologna
Things to Know Before You Go
The Ferrari Museum is located in Maranello, and the Enzo Ferrari Museum is located in Modena about 12.5 miles (20 kilometers) away; free shuttle buses run between the two museums every 90 minutes.
The museum includes a Ferrari store selling official branded clothing, toys, and other memorabilia.
Kids will particularly enjoy the multimedia exhibits, Formula 1 simulators, and interactive activities like pit-stop trials and photo ops in a Ferrari.
Ferrari does not offer factory tours; the nearest visitors get to the factory is the Fiorano track, accessible by a dedicated shuttle bus.
How to Get There
The Ferrari Museum is located in Maranello, about 31 miles (50 kilometers) west of Bologna. It’s not easy to reach the museum by public transportation—you must take a train to Modena, then a bus or taxi to Maranello—so booking a private bus tour is the most convenient option.
When to Get There
The museum is open from 9:30am to 6pm from November through March and until 7pm from April to October. It makes an unforgettable way to spend a rainy day, as the collection and store are indoors.
Cars and Food Two Passions
Emilia-Romagna is famous for its iconic automotive design and its unrivaled cuisine. Parmesan cheese, prosciutto ham, and balsamic vinegar all hail from this region, so combine a Ferrari Museum visit with a food tour to experience the best of Emilia-Romagna in a single day.
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Veneto
- Enzo Ferrari Museum (Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari)
- Lamborghini Museum (Museo Lamborghini)
- Ducati Museum (Museo Ducati)
- Marconi Museum (Museo Marconi)
- Sanctuary of the Madonna of San Luca (Santuario della Madonna di San Luca)
- National Gallery of Bologna (Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna)
- Albergati Palace (Palazzo Albergati)
- Bologna Piazza Maggiore
- Fountain of Neptune (Fontana del Nettuno)
- San Petronio Basilica (Basilica di San Petronio)
- Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio (Teatro Anatomico dell'Archiginnasio)
- Prendiparte Tower (Torre Prendiparte)
- Basilica of San Domenico (Basilica di San Domenico)
- Two Towers (Due Torri)
- Oratory of Santa Cecilia (Oratorio Di Santa Cecilia)