Moyua Square (Plaza Moyúa)
Thanks to Moyua Square’s convenient location close to both the Guggenheim and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, most city tours pass by the plaza and typically include stops at other city highlights, such as the Santiago Cathedral and La Ribera Market. Take a nighttime tour and see how the square comes to life after dark, visit during the day to appreciate its floral blooms, or stop by Plaza Moyúa during a food tour during which you’ll also sample typical Basque cuisine.
Things to Know Before You Go
Shopaholics can take a well-deserved break in Moyua Square after exploring the length of the Gran Vía.
There’s a public Wi-Fi network hotspot at Plaza Moyúa.
Moyua Square is a popular and convenient place to catch or depart the airport bus.
Moyua Square is fully wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Moyua Square is situated in the heart of the Abando neighborhood, within walking distance of both the Guggenheim and Doña Casilda Park. While it’s easy to reach on foot, most travelers find it convenient to arrive by metro, as the Moyúa station is located directly beneath the plaza.
When to Get There
Moyua Square is publicly accessible year-round and is busy throughout the day, especially during peak commute times. Visit outside of these times for a slightly quieter experience or stop by while exploring the Abando neighborhood—the square is an ideal place to rest and relax, regardless of the time of day.
Parks in Bilbao
Although Moyua Square is a surprisingly picturesque spot to rest and recharge, Bilbao has plenty of other green spaces for travelers to enjoy. The nearby Doña Casilda Park is one of the city’s best-loved urban parks and comes complete with a duck pond, pergola, and plenty of tranquil palm-lined pathways, while Campa de los Ingleses Park houses a vast children’s playground that most kids will love.
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in La Coruna
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao)
- San Vicente Martír de Abando Church (Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando)
- Doña Casilda Iturrizar Park
- Guggenheim Museum
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Arriaga Theatre (Teatro Arriaga)
- Euskalduna Palace (Palacio Euskalduna)
- Artxanda Funicular (Funicular de Artxanda)
- River Maritime Museum (Museo Maritimo Ria)
- Bilbao's Santiago Cathedral
- Casco Viejo
- Bizkaia Museum of Archaeology
- Basque Museum (Museo Vasco de Bilbao)