Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku)
Located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the Thurston Lava Tube is the most accessible lava tube on the Big Island. Discovered in 1913, this 500-year-old tube was created by subterranean lava that once flowed through this young section of earth. Today, the tube is illuminated to create an eerie glow for visitors who venture inside.
Browse. Filter. Book
What's the best way to experience Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku)?
- Hilo Shore Excursion: Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls and Highlights
- Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
- Big Island - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Driving Tour
- Big Island Adventure Bundle: 5 Epic Audio Driving Tours
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer