Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach
Hawaii’s volcanic activity creates a dynamic array of beaches ranging from soft white shores to the black pebbles of the Big Island’s Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach. But, travelers aren’t the only visitors to Punaluʻu; the area is known for the large green sea turtles (honu) that come out to bask along the black sand shoreline.
Browse. Filter. Book
What's the best way to experience Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach?
- Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
- Hawaii Big Island Circle Small Group Tour: Waterfalls - Hilo - Volcano - Black Sand Beach
- Small Group Big Island Twilight Volcano and Stargazing Tour
- Small-Group Big Island Tour: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kona Coffee Farm
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer