Top Bayeux Half-day Tours
22 results | All Bayeux Tours
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic and treated with reverance and respect for the lives lost in the fighting. We saw sights which were historically important and awe inspiring. Our tour guide, Tom, shared plenty of fascinating information and data about the events but also passionately portrayed a compelling story of the history of the war. Would recommend very highly!"
* A traveler said: "Wonderfully guided tour that highlighted both the overall action at Normandy as well as some specific details that emphasized the lives lost. Great tour!"
* A traveler said: "A truly knowledge and passionate guide brought us to the all the important spots involving Canadian forces in the Battle of Normandy. He highlighted both the overall picture as well as added more personal details from the lives lost."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "Amazing. It hit each of our must sees as we did not have much time in Normandy. Charles was great and very knowledgeable. Made us want to book a full day!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Omaha beach and the American cemetery will be most memorable. So reflective and moving. Our tour guide Thierry with Overlord Tour, was amazing! Very knowledgeable and personable. Learned a lot and enjoyed the whole tour!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide who was extremely knowledgable about the area and history. Such fun being in this Gold Beach Adventures vehicle!"
* A traveler said: "Marvellous, brilliant guide. So glad we went on it, much better than just driving ourselves about and missing half of what we saw."
* A traveler said: "There’s no better way to try to capture a glimpse of what 1940’s Normandy was like than to ride thru the streets and hedgerows of Normandy’s liberated towns in a vintage Jeep Willy. With the overcast and drizzle/rain, it was humbling to imagine what the soldiers endured. Our guide, Eric, was informative and told us poignant historical details as we traveled from one location to another. As a passionate WWII buff, he shared locations that were not the typical D-Day tour locations and were only accessible by the Jeep. If you are looking for something more in-depth and off the beaten path, then this tour is for you."
* A traveler said: "Booked this tour for the Saturday after D Day events. We had a great day with Thomas on his fantastic motorcycle- even through the rainy part."
* A traveler said: "Steven is an excellent driver, tour guide. Informative. This was a last minute booking for ne. Nice ride. 4 hours was ample for a taste of history."
* A traveler said: "Gwen was very knowledgeable and personable. We wished we had more time to spend with him. Loved every moment of our tour!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sword Beach
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Brittany (Bretagne)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)