Top Basque Country Food Tours
143 results | All Basque Country Tours
* A traveler said: "Irene was a wonderful and very knowledgeable host. We had a great evening in the streets of Old Bilbao."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous fun and delicious - Adria created a memorable evening introducing me to bilbao's Pinxto scene. I discovered small neighbourhood places filled with unique pinxto and mingled with local people while hearing about some of the history of the city. Highly recommend Adria's tour!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was superb. Irene led us on a delicious journey across Bilbao. The food and wine was excellent. She was so interesting and informative. I would thoroughly recommend her tour."
* A traveler said: "Laris did a great job of making history come alive in this historic section of town. His enthusiasm was catching and he was well prepared to do the tour in English or Spanish as he knows four languages! You could see his heart for history and culture."
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing night experiencing the local Pintxo bars. The food was incredible and our host Eskerne made the night a wonderful memory for us. She was knowledgeable and even introduced us to the owners as we hoped from bar to bar. Delightful. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "We had a very good time on the tour. There were only four of us so the guide was able to give personal time to all. The town of Laguarida was wonderful to explore."
* A traveler said: "We absolutely loved the tour with Claudia, she was so knowledgeable and was great fun! We learnt so much and have a great time! I highly recommended doing this if you visit San Sebastián, it’s a must :)"
* A traveler said: "Irene, the cooking instructor is a gem! She grew up in Bilbao, gave us a short tour then went to her villa for the hands on cooking class. She paired each pintxos with wine. Irene makes you feel like family. Wonderful way to spend the afternoon! Highly recommend this class."
* A traveler said: "We loved our Rioja day tour with Experience San Sebastian and our guide, Alex. Alex was very friendly and knowledgeable about Rioja and the Basque Country. The wineries he chose and took us to were excellent and their views were almost as good as their wine!! We especially enjoyed our lunch trip in the medieval city of La Guardia. The restaurant Alex chose was one of the best meals of our trip to the Iberian Peninsula."
* A traveler said: "Sam had fabulous English and was very knowledgeable about Bilbao and Basque history. We were very lucky as tourism had not yet picked up so we had Sam all to ourselves for the tour. He was very easy to talk to and he brought the City to life for us. Very interesting 3 hours with him."
* A traveler said: "Worth the time. Worth the money. And lots of fun. Should be more aptly called a cooking demonstration rather than a cooking class. We watched Chef Nick prepare 7 different dishes and enjoyed tasting them all. Good opportunity to learn specific techniques on preparing a diverse set of local foods. Conducted in the working kitchen of a local restaurant. Really well done and organized. Highly recommend doing this while in town!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide, Joe, was fantastic. He was very informative about the area and had a plan to take us to various areas along the Basque coast; however, he was flexible with the timing and the places we visited based on requests within the group. The tour was one of the highlights of our trip through Spain and definitely recommend."
* A traveler said: "We loved our bike tour through Bilbao with Miguel. He knows a lot about the city, the region and the culture and was open to answering any questions we had. We learnt a lot, saw different parts and landscapes of Bilbao and really enjoyed the company. We highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour through Bilbao with a great tour guide. We learned Ali tambourine the town and the culture"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide is very professional and it’s nice to pick us up from hotel. Overall spent 5 hrs to see those amazing scenery around Bilbao is great!"
* A traveler said: "Learning the history and being able to ask questions. The enthusiasm of the guide. Everything is timed very well."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day with our tour guide Stephan and our driver Florin. We saw many beautiful places in 1 day. Stephan explained a lot about the basque culture. I can recommed him and the driver. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "This was a great day. I didn't know much about Gaztelugatxe, but it was beautiful. The walk to the chapel and back can be a bit of a challenge if you're only on so so shape, but soooooo worth it. After seeing Gaztelugatxe, we headed to Bilbao. We saw a few city sites then headed to lunch. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain, but we all made the most of it. Lunch was great, and even better that it was included in the price. The Guggenheim was quite a site to see. My only recommendation for the company would be to clean up the car a bit, as first impressions are important, however our guide was great and the small group was just my family of 4, plus 1 more. I looked at other tours that went to Bilbao and toured the Guggenheim and the others were twice as much. This is a great tour and awesome value."
* A traveler said: "The guide was Jose and he really was good. The van was tight for 7 people for such a long tour. Locations were great."
* A traveler said: "We went on a private tour with Ander to 3 different locations and with 3course lunsj at the 4th. The winerys were great,but most of all it was Anders knowledge about the winerys, and San Sebastian in general that made our day. We highly recomend a trip with him. It was absolutely one of our best days of our holiday."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour!!! Our guide was John Jon, he was a very nice fellow. Wineries were beautiful, with the fall colour change. We enjoyed all the ones we have visited. The lunch picnic at Laguardia was outstanding. The building is very nice. Overall it is a tour that all wine lovers should take. Thanks you to both Jons!!!!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Dining Experiences
- Food & Drink Classes
- Food Tours
- Culinary & Gourmet Tour
- Street Food Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- San Sebastián Aquarium
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Bizkaia Museum of Archaeology
- Basque Museum (Museo Vasco de Bilbao)
- Buen Pastor Cathedral
- Oma Forest (Bosque de Oma)
- Moyua Square (Plaza Moyua)
- Ondarreta Beach (Playa de Ondarreta)
- Church of the Sacred Heart (Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón)
- Monte Urgull
- San Vicente Martír de Abando Church (Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando)
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao)
- Victoria Eugenia Theatre (Teatro Victoria Eugenia)
- Euskadi Biodiversity Centre
- Santa Clara Island (Isla de Santa Clara)
- River Maritime Museum (Museo Maritimo Ria)
- Loizaga Tower (Torre Loizaga)
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Galicia
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Loire Valley