Top Basque Country Classes & Workshops
25 results | All Basque Country Tours
* A traveler said: "We had a very good time on the tour. There were only four of us so the guide was able to give personal time to all. The town of Laguarida was wonderful to explore."
* A traveler said: "The tour was superb. Irene led us on a delicious journey across Bilbao. The food and wine was excellent. She was so interesting and informative. I would thoroughly recommend her tour."
* A traveler said: "Irene was a wonderful and very knowledgeable host. We had a great evening in the streets of Old Bilbao."
* A traveler said: "Laris did a great job of making history come alive in this historic section of town. His enthusiasm was catching and he was well prepared to do the tour in English or Spanish as he knows four languages! You could see his heart for history and culture."
* A traveler said: "Worth the time. Worth the money. And lots of fun. Should be more aptly called a cooking demonstration rather than a cooking class. We watched Chef Nick prepare 7 different dishes and enjoyed tasting them all. Good opportunity to learn specific techniques on preparing a diverse set of local foods. Conducted in the working kitchen of a local restaurant. Really well done and organized. Highly recommend doing this while in town!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great day with our tour guide Stephan and our driver Florin. We saw many beautiful places in 1 day. Stephan explained a lot about the basque culture. I can recommed him and the driver. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Sam had fabulous English and was very knowledgeable about Bilbao and Basque history. We were very lucky as tourism had not yet picked up so we had Sam all to ourselves for the tour. He was very easy to talk to and he brought the City to life for us. Very interesting 3 hours with him."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide, Joe, was fantastic. He was very informative about the area and had a plan to take us to various areas along the Basque coast; however, he was flexible with the timing and the places we visited based on requests within the group. The tour was one of the highlights of our trip through Spain and definitely recommend."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous fun and delicious - Adria created a memorable evening introducing me to bilbao's Pinxto scene. I discovered small neighbourhood places filled with unique pinxto and mingled with local people while hearing about some of the history of the city. Highly recommend Adria's tour!"
* A traveler said: "Irene, the cooking instructor is a gem! She grew up in Bilbao, gave us a short tour then went to her villa for the hands on cooking class. She paired each pintxos with wine. Irene makes you feel like family. Wonderful way to spend the afternoon! Highly recommend this class."
* A traveler said: "Our cooking class was amazing and we were able to get involved in the entire process of making the paella!"
* A traveler said: "This was SUPER fun with FABULOUS instructors! Both Agus and Patric were terrific with sharing their immense knowledge and very high level of skill with us. We will definitely do this again on our next trip to San Sebastián next year .... and bring the rest of the family with us 😃"
* A traveler said: "It's quite nice to walk around the market to see all the top quality Basque produces and the fresh seafood. Our guide Lourdes is passionate about eating and cooking fresh and local. She explained how the ingredients are used in the Basque cooking. Later chef Miguel showed us step by step some of the basic techniques used in the Basque cooking. Our dishes turned out beautifully presented and tasted delicious! Highly recommended this class, money well spent."
* A traveler said: "Such a wonderful way to spend the day learning the secrets of basque cooking with such a delightful chef host!! I highly recommend this experience! And the secret kitchen. Unforgettable!!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Miramar Palace (Palacio de Miramar)
- Oma Forest (Bosque de Oma)
- Bilbao's Santiago Cathedral
- San Vicente Martír de Abando Church (Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando)
- Artxanda Funicular (Funicular de Artxanda)
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao)
- Casco Viejo
- Euskalduna Palace (Palacio Euskalduna)
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Santimamiñe Cave (Cueva de Santimamiñe)
- Sanctuary of Arantzazu (Santuario de Aránzazu)
- Church of the Sacred Heart (Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón)
- Doña Casilda Iturrizar Park
- Constitution Square (Plaza de la Constitución)
- La Concha Beach (Playa de la Concha)
- Loizaga Tower (Torre Loizaga)
- Basque Museum (Museo Vasco de Bilbao)
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Galicia
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Loire Valley