* A traveler said: "This was an absolutely wonderful tour. My guide was amazing, funny and spoke perfect English. The cook was really entertaining too. She didn’t speak English but my Spanish was good enough to communicate. I can’t wait to get back and try some of the recipes."
* A traveler said: "A beautiful way to experience the area surrounding Antigua. The sunset over the mountains is spectacular and there are a couple stops along the way. Our guide was super friendly and overall we had a great experience. It was just the two of us and they allowed us to choose riding together or separately."
* A traveler said: "Amazing experience. We had a guide who was super friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable, and passionate about the Mayan people. Everything went smoothly the whole day."
* A traveler said: "Nice experience, loved the chocolate tasting along with our guide. He was great and very knowledgeable."
* A traveler said: "We saw so much more than we were expecting and Daryl was a fantastic guide. We had amazing food and cultural experiences. We tasted roasted coffee nibs, cumquat wine, soup, sangria. We saw the textile market, visited the old city, enjoyed the hammocks. A very full and very beautiful day. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "We love this tour it was a fun time. Our tour guide was fantastic I love that he was able to do it both in English and Spanish at the same time."
* A traveler said: "Great tour and awesome tour guide! Diego was really knowledgeable about the history and made riding the atvs slot of fun even in the rain. Would recommend."
* A traveler said: "This is one of the best activities you can do in Guatemala. The company was Very professional and organized. Breathtaking views and very helpful staff. Bring lots of water, sun protection and a scarf for dust."
* A traveler said: "Would highly recommend this tour! About a hour hike up and down and a hour ride from Antigua there and back. Tour guide Catalina and bus driver were really nice! I had a good time. I rode a horse her name was princess! I would do it all over again. Had to pay extra Q50 to hike and Q100 to ride the horse one way."
* A traveler said: "Both tour guides were amazing! Very informative about the volcano, but also about the culture and history of Guatemala. Prompt pick up at the hotel. Beautiful views. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Miguel was the best. Very informative. Provides great history. Very careful with your safety. The lake is beautiful. You should spend more than one day there. My schedule did not allow for that so this was a great trip."
* A traveler said: "Hands down the best activity we could have booked for ourselves. Jamila goes above and beyond when it comes to curating an amazing and delicious experience. We booked our tour during the first part of our trip which was great because it gave us a chance to check out other recommendations beyond the day's tour. An absolute must if you're a foodie and love supporting local businesses. Jamila is wonderful!"
* A traveler said: "Galileo is a great guide, very friendly. The tour of the city is very calm and pleasant. I recommend a lot this tour"
* A traveler said: "This was an improtu. Booked it the same day and Valerie accommodated me with a few hours. She was very friendly and informative about the culture and history of the city. She even gave me resturant options for dinner etc I would definitely recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "We took 3 rides - from the Airport to San Lucas, from San Lucas to Panajachel, and from Panajachel to Antigua. All 3 rides were excellent! The drivers were on time, polite, and helped with bags. We enjoyed stops to eat, buy goods, and take pictures. On the way back to Antigua we enjoyed excellent ceviche. Book this company for all of your travel needs in Guatemala."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful cooking class and tour. We were able to see parts of the market we had missed and may not have checked out otherwise. Our guide Jose was super friendly and we were able to get some fruits we'd never seen before to try. We also got to take a tuk tuk to the class location (which I had decided I wanted to do last minute) and they were very accommodating! We were driven back after the class later at night. The rooftop kitchen and dining area is very beautiful and has a perfect view of the surrounding volcanos and city. There was a wood burning stove and our chef was so knowledgeable and taught us tips and tricks in preparing some Guatemalan specialities - rellenitos, tostados, and pepian with corn tortillas. It was fun and delicious and we also tried some local alcohols! It was an intimate and wonderful experience and we would definitely do it again! I'm also super happy I have some recipes I can now try at home."
* A traveler said: "Our flight was at 6 a.m. and Marlon took us from Antigua to the Airport at 3 a.m. (he arrived on time, which was also amazing). It was the best option and we felt super safe. The van was super clean. We recommend this option!"
* A traveler said: "Beautiful views of the other volcanoes while hiking up to the molten lava flow high on Pacaya. After the amazing hot smoky lava fields, the private time in the spa was the perfect way to clean up and relax our legs."
* A traveler said: "This by far was one of the best tours I didvqhile I was in Antigua. First the communication with the operator was active and helpful. The driver was very engaging and patient. When I got to Panaachel I meet with mybtour guide . He was awesome we went to three villages in one day . I was totally emerse in the cultures from every village. At the end of the day he took me to a great restaurant in Santiago for lunch the food was great. Overall great experience. You should definitely choose this tour. You get to see alot in one day. I will definitely book with the operator again when next in Antigua and refer my friends when they visit"
* A traveler said: "Juan Jose was a great guide! He was very personable, knowledgable, and friendly. Throughout the hike he would encourage us, and help us with our bags when we felt tired. We also never felt pressured, or that we had to rush. It was a very. satisfying experience. We highly recommend this company, as well as the guide we had, Juan Jose. As a side note we were also grateful for the driver that picked us up and dropped us off."
* A traveler said: "Joel & Joaqim were amazing foodie tourists. I enjoyed not only feeling like I enjoyed Guatemala meals with family but also learning about the history behind the food, cooking techniques, and the city of Antigua."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Jade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya)
- Museum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial)
- Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral)
- Palace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales)
- Las Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas)
- Antigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento)
- Santa Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina)
- Casa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo)
- Church of San Francisco (Iglesia de San Francisco)
- Cerro de la Cruz (Hill of the Cross)
- ChocoMuseo Antigua
- La Merced Church (Iglesia de la Merced)
- Antigua Central Park (Parque Central)
- Pacaya Volcano
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in León
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes